TOPIC: NURTURING FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION IN COURTSHIP
BY TOSIN TOGUN
MONDAY, 24TH JUNE 2019
WHAT IS FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION?
Fondness and admiration are basic believes that makes ones partner special, worthy of respect and honour.
HOW ABOUT NURTURING FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION?
This simply means to retain memories of events that shows the worth of one’s spouse in the #love map#
IMPORTANCE OF FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION TO COURTSHIP
- Courtship breaks at the point where fondness and admiration vanishes
- if partner has robust fondness and admiration system; their relationship is always repairable after conflict
- when the sense of f & a is completely missing in a courtship; such can not be revived after conflicts
- its break up proof
A BIG POINT TO NOTE
Fondness and admiration is very fragile, it can easily be weared off with flaw; more reason it needs nurturing.
HOW TO NURTURE FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION IN COURTSHIP
- Know the importance of f and a
- Have a rich love map
- retain the basic qualities that attract your partner to you mostly when you are at conflict
HOW TO HELP YOUR PARTNER TO HAVE A GOOD MEMORY OF YOU
- Have a realistic expectation of him
- Speak the truth in love
- Be forgiving
- Be honest
- Be into each other world #love map#
- Freedom of expression
- Love committed\ sacrificially
- Give each other the needed space
- Grow together
KNOWN ENEMY OF FONDNESS AND ADMIRATION IN COURTSHIP
- The only known enemy of f and a in courtship is pre-marital sex because it lessen the self worth of the partners in each of their perspective
Ayo Akinsete:2009, Don’t Get Jilted
John M. Gottman, PH.D: 1999, The Seven Principles For Making Marriage Work